Tuesday, March 27, 2007

About Blue Sky Pottery


Hi everyone,

Thanks for inviting me to join your group. My name is Deb Babcock and I live in Steamboat Springs. Since my mother-in-law lives in the Denver area, my husband (Dave) and I come down for a visit about once a month, so hopefully I can time those visits with the EtsyDenver meetings.


My pottery studio doubles as a small gallery where I can also sell my work to locals and visitors to our town. It's located across from the Safeway store here, not too far from the ski mountain.


The pottery I make is mostly wheel-thrown or hand-built out of porcelain clay; mostly functional items such as cups, bowls, teapots, platters, baking dishes, etc. If you get a chance, check out my etsy shop: dbabcock.etsy.com


My educational background is in marketing; I owned a marketing firm in Michigan before I sold it and moved here in 2000. My art background consists of classes at the local college as well as summer workshops at places such as Anderson Ranch in Snowmass and Laloba Clay Ranch here in Steamboat.


If you're ever in this part of the state, I hope you'll give me a call and stop into my studio for a cup of tea during your visit.


No comments: