Thursday, March 22, 2007

Hello, hello!


My name is Sarah and I've recently started Shhdesigns (the shh comes from my initials) which includes jewelry of the beaded and metal sort. I am an avid climber and kayaker and my inspiration comes from the colors and textures I see on my trips. I'm in the process of finishing up my masters in metallurgical engineering (should be done by July!) and after that, I'm not entirely sure what will happen. I love the Denver area and I'm hunting for jobs. :)

I started making jewelry in 2005 and things started accumulating to the point that my husband told me I needed to start selling it. He was right and now I'm expanding and experimenting with materials and techniques. I've started working with metal sheet and wire and I love it! And I can apply my metallurgical degree, to some extent, since the annealing and pickling processes carry over from the steel that I've been studying. The next step is getting the equipment!

So beyond going to school and making jewelry, I work part time at a climbing gym (Rock'n & Jam'n in Thornton - if you ever want to climb, let me know!) and I traipse around the Flatirons in Boulder helping my husband write a new climbing guidebook. Life is fun! :)

No comments: