Monday, March 19, 2007

Another introduction


Kismet Designs- I am an artist/designer who's first love is metal. I also dabble in paint, knitting, silkscreening, sewing, and any other materials I can get my hands on. Making jewelry for me is about creating something more than something shiny and pretty to adorn the body (although I have nothing against shiny & pretty!) I think it is important to create work that tells a story, makes a point, touches on concepts we can all relate to. The meanings behind my work are not always apparent at first glance ...or even second or third! Since jewelry can be worn by anyone, I prefer for people to assign their own meanings. Just because something may have been made by me doesn't mean have the one and only answer to its meaning. Metal is my passion and I hope others enjoy wearing it as much as I love making it!

No comments: